The Department of Planning and Environment is delivering new programs to provide clean and affordable energy for the people of New South Wales. These programs will assist households and businesses save money on their energy bills and improve energy security to benefit the whole community.
Regional Community Energy Program
- This program is designed to help regional households and small businesses better manage energy costs. It will target regional areas as they generally see higher energy costs than metropolitan areas and will be composed of three streams:
- Grant funding for community energy projects that create dispatchable renewable energy and benefits to the local community
- Grants for up to five community energy hubs that improve household and small business access to expert energy advice and to initiatives such as bulk buys to help regional communities reduce bills
- Grants to regional and remote communities to install emergency backup systems for key evacuation locations, such as a town hall, to improve resilience while also reducing energy costs during regular operations.
More detailed program information will be available later in 2018, including how to apply and eligibility criteria. To be informed of any updates or for further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Emerging Energy Program
- This program will encourage private sector investment to support the next generation of large- scale energy and storage projects in NSW.
- The Emerging Energy Program will be technology neutral. Eligible projects must demonstrate that they can provide dispatchable or on-demand energy to help meet the state’s energy needs.
- Funding will be provided to commercialise these projects, as well as support feasibility studies to help get new projects off the ground. The program is expected to leverage hundreds of millions of dollars in additional private sector investment and a significant number of jobs for regional NSW.
- More detailed program information will be available later in 2018, including eligibility criteria and how to apply. To stay up-to-date and for further information please contact email@example.com.